1. Cross Cradle (to latch baby to left breast)
2. Support the baby with your right arm. Hug baby's hips close using your upper arm. Use your right hand to support the baby at the base of head.
3. Shape your left breast with your left hand.
4. Stroke the baby's lips with your nipple, encouraging baby to tip the head slightly to reach it. This helps baby open wider.
5. Use your left thumb to tip your nipple toward the roof of the baby's mouth as he/she comes on. Hug the baby in close at the shoulders and hips.
6. Once latched, baby’s chin will be tucked into the breast and the nose will be tipped away. Mother and baby should be able to look into each other's eyes.